Oakville 680’s 2017 SCRC Ride of the Year
Ride of the Year
Oakville 680 has chosen Riders Against Hunger as the Southern Cruisers Riding Club’s Ride of the Year for 2017. RAH is a motorcycle charity ride, now in its seventh year, in support of a Mississauga west food bank called Eden Food for Change. Many Southern Cruisers have been involved in the planning of this ride since the beginning and many of the area SCRC chapters have supported this ride by encouraging their members to attend. Ride organizers are excited to host Southern Cruisers from across the province this year. Funds raised through the ride will help distribute food to hungry families and provide practical cooking skills and affordable fresh produce to encourage healthy living on a limited income.
RAH Registration Options:
- The basic registration is $35 per participant which includes full participation in the ride including the poker run, rider gift bag, breakfast and lunch.
- Regular registration is $50 which includes full participation in all ride activities as well as a free Ride of the Year t-shirt ($20 value) and a ticket for the grand draw prize (value $500).
- Participants also have the option of additional fundraising to receive incentive gifts, fundraising prizes and additional tickets for the grand draw prize.
- Riders must choose either the basic or regular registration fee. Passengers can either register or ride for free if they are not interested in participating in the ride activities such as the poker run and lunch.
Go to www.ridersagainsthunger.org for more information and to register for the ride.
Ride of the Year Activities
As your hosts, Oakville 680 members are planning activities before and after the Saturday ride to welcome and entertain their fellow Southern Cruisers from far and wide.
- Friday afternoon/evening welcoming committee – Members of the host chapter will be at the hotel to welcome you when you arrive. You can also complete your registration and pick up all your stuff at the RAH registration table to avoid the line the next morning.
- Friday night BBQ Parking Lot Party. BYOB BBQ in the hotel parking lot. More details to follow.
- Post-ride optional gathering at a local restaurant on Saturday night.
For those coming from out of town or if you want a room at “Ground Zero”, we have made special arrangements with a local hotel:
The rooms are blocked under Riders Against Hunger.
- Standard Rooms with two Queen beds and single King rooms with a pull out sofa are available at the special rate of $105+taxes – per room/per night.
- Extended King Suites or Jacuzzi Suites are available at the special rate of $129+taxes – per room/per night.
A limited number of rooms have been blocked for the Ride of the Year and will be available at the discounted rate until May 15th, 2017. Reserve your room(s) early to avoid disappointment. You can cancel your reservation at no charge up to 24 hours before the reservation.
Reserve your room(s) by calling the hotel directly at 905-829-8444 and speaking with someone at reception, or by e-mailing our reservations desk at email@example.com. Travellers should identify themselves as being with Riders Against Hunger when making the reservation to ensure they receive the group rate.
The following amenities and services are included with your room reservation:
- Complimentary hot breakfast
- Complimentary high speed wireless internet
- Complimentary 24 hour business centre
- Complimentary indoor heated pool
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary local calls
- Complimentary 24 hour fitness centre
The Fairfield Inn Marriott is south-west of the QEW at Winston Churchill Blvd. There is a Tim Horton’s / Wendy’s and a gas station right beside the hotel.
What you need to do to participate in the 2017 Ride of the Year:
- Register online for Riders Against Hunger today!
- Reserve your room at the hotel by calling 905-829-8444 or emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org.