Join us for the seventh annual Riders Against Hunger, a motorcycle charity ride in support of Eden Food for Change.
Lots of new stuff and changes to this year’s ride. Here’s the latest:
Prizes & Incentive Gifts
Grand Draw Prize: 48″ RCA LED TV
Best Hand Prize: Skintricate Gift Certificate (Value:$500)
Top Fundraiser Prizes:
- Kuryakyn Chrome Roadthunder Sound System (Value: $500)
- Liberty Exotics One-Hr Car Rental (Value: $300)
- Petro Canada Gift Card (Value: $100)
Fundraise and receive the following incentive gifts:
RAH 2017 Route
The Garmin GPX file of the RAH 2017 route has been posted on the RAH facebook page and in the event page. Here is a link to download the Garmin file and upload it to your GPS (if you can do that).
Download a PDF version of the RAH 2017 Route Map with turn-by-turn text directions here.
We will also hand out a route map at registration with both a map and turn-by-turn written directions. The route will be signed with our white and green RAH directional road signs indicating every turn.
Reserve a Lane for your Group!
Want to ride in your own group on the RAH route? Let us know and we will reserve a lane just for your group. In order to reserve a lane, you will need:
- a minimum of 10 bikes in your group
- to provide your own road captain and tail gunner
Email our Ride Captain, Glenn Heshka, (email@example.com) to request a reserved lane for your group. Let him know your group name, the expected number of bikes in your group and confirm that you have your own RC and TG. Glenn will email you back to confirm your reserved lane and give you a number.
You will be directed to your lane when your group arrives at the staging area. If members of your group are arriving separately, you will all be able to stage as a group in your lane.
Road Captains Needed!
Riders Against Hunger is putting the request out for qualified, experienced Road Captains to help lead groups of bikers along the route on the day of the ride.
Glenn Heshka, the Ride Captain for RAH 2017, is putting together the roster of RCs who are willing to help on the ride. Please contact him with the names, email addresses and cell phone number of anyone interested in being a RC for RAH. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Glenn will also be organizing a test ride of the route for any RCs that would like to ride the route in advance. This will most likely take place the Saturday or Sunday the week before our ride date. Please be in touch with Glenn. He will be in contact with the RCs. He will send out the route and confirm details of the RC advance ride of the route.
Registration Fees: Riders & Passengers
RAH 2017 Poster & Registration Form
The brochure is now available. The poster side has all the information about the ride and the other side is the registration form and pledge sheet. Click on thumbnails to open full size versions.
RAH brochures are available for distribution. Contact Bill if you would like some sent to you.
Register online today and get your free gift while supplies last! Go to www.ridersagainsthunger.org or click on the Register Now button to go directly to registration page for RAH. The first 250 participants to register online will receive a FREE gift – a RAH 2017 Bike Cloth. Registration is fast and easy and payment is accepted by PayPal. Register today to make sure you will receive your FREE gift.
Garry W. Morden Centre – 7535 Ninth Line (between Argentia & Steeles) in the northwest corner of Mississauga. MAP
Changing the venue to the Garry W. Morden Centre will enable the ride to improve and grow in the following ways:
- The centre’s parking areas can accomodate hundreds and hundreds of bikes without a problem increasing our capacity for more participants. Bring your friends! There is plenty of space.
- The location of the centre in the very northwest corner of Mississauga will give us quick access to the curvy country roads we all enjoy. We will be able to avoid the 15-20 minute crawl through busy intersections in and out of the city that we have all had to previously endure.
- We will have shelter from the elements making the pre-ride registration and post-ride activities much more enjoyable. In previous years, the sun was out in force and there was no place to get out of the heat. So rain or shine, we will have a roof over our heads.
- We will provide our own lunch. This year for the first year, we will be doing our own lunch prepared by Eden Food for Change’s, Chef Peter Costello. We are looking forward to providing a better lunch at a lower cost meaning happy tummies and more money back to the food bank!
SCRC Ride of the Year
Riders Against Hunger is excited to be named the Ontario SCRC Ride of the Year by the Oakville 680 chapter! Souther Cruiser members from chapters all across the province will be encouraged to attend Riders Against Hunger this year as their Ride of the Year. This means that the ride could easily double in size and we have already started to prepare for the growth in numbers.
Southern Cruisers, put the date in your calendar – Saturday, August 19th, 2017. More Ride of the Year details such as hotel info and Friday night activities will be available soon in your forums. We are looking forward to hosting Southern Cruisers from across the province!