Riders Against Hunger – Saturday, August 20th, 2016
South Common Mall parking lot (Erin Mills Parkway & The Collegeway), Mississauga.
Registration starts at 8am. Kick stands up at 9:30.
Riders Against Hunger is just around the corner and the time is now to register online and start fundraising for this great cause!
RAH 2016 Route
Download and unzip the .gpx file for use with your GARMIN GPS. RAH 2016 08 20 FINAL
Top 3 Reasons to Go to RAH!
Imagine you are on your bike riding down a country road. You come to a fork in the road. You have a decision to make. Will YOU ride for food? Here are a few great reasons to say, “Yes!”
- Fun ride with friends old & new – different route every year, free breakfast and $10 discount on lunch at Five Guys, a rider gift bag for the first 150 people registered, lots of prizes to win and auction items to bid on, live band, incentive gifts for our fundraisers and a free ride shirt with your $50 registration.
- You can ride for FREE with a minimum of $35 in collected donations from friends, families, co-workers…
- Great local cause – 100% of the funds raised by ride participants will go directly to Eden Food for Change to provide food to hungry families in our community. Our sponsors completely cover the cost of the event! Did you know that for every $50 you collect the food bank can provide the food for a family of four for a week.
Register Online Today!
Register online now and receive a free RAH buff compliments of one of our sponsors, Fionn MacCool’s in Oakville. The RAH buffs will be on sale on ride day for $15, but you can get yours for free if you register online before August 18th.
@ $35 Basic Registration Fee – all ride activities including free breakfast and lunch, rider gift bag (for the first 150 registered participants), prizes and participation in the poker run
@ $50 Regular Registration Fee – all of the above plus a free ride t-shirt and one Grand Prize Draw ticket
Fundraise to collect additional funds for the food bank!
- Ask friends, family, co-workers and neighbours to sponsor you. It’s for a good cause. C’mon, you can do it!
- Everyone who sponsors you for $20 or more will get a tax receipt for their donation to the food bank.
- Organize a carwash in your neighbourhood.
- Run a 50/50 Draw at your workplace. Half goes to the winner, the other half goes toward your fundraising efforts.
- Raffle off special prizes like a day off from work or the CEO’s parking spot for a week (with the boss’ permission of course).
- Host a “Dress Down Day” where everyone who sponsors you for Riders Against Hunger can dress more casually that day as a proud supporter of Eden Food for Change.
- Register for a personal fundraising page at CanadaHelps.org to collect credit card donations on-line.
Use the back of the RAH brochure to collect donations or download the donation form from the RAH website.
Incentive Gifts for Fundraisers
The more you raise the more stuff you get:
|@ $100||The RAH ride pin, year patch and an additional Grand Prize Draw ticket|
|@ $200||All of the above plus a RAH First Aid Kit and two more Grand Prize Draw tickets|
|@ $300||All of the above plus a RAH Black Hoodie and two more Grand Prize Draw tickets|
|@ $500||Elite Rider status introduced last year. All of the above plus an exclusive Elite Rider gift that cannot be purchased and four more Grand Prize Draw tickets|
Become an Elite Rider by collecting at least $500 in donations! Receive an exclusive Elite Rider gift that cannot be purchased. Be acknowledged as an Elite Rider during the post-ride activities when you come up to receive your gift. Make an even bigger difference – raising funds for the ride will help even more hungry families!
Top Fundraiser Prizes
Need a little more incentive? Prizes given out to the top three fundraisers!
- Top fundraiser receives a GoPro Camera valued at $500
- Second highest fundraiser receives a pair of polarized Ray-Ban sunglasses valued at $250
- Third highest fundraiser receives a $100 gift certificate from Artistic Integrity Tattoo & Piercing Studio
More things for you to win…
The Best Hand Prize goes to the person with the best poker hand after visiting all the poker card draw stops along the route. Don’t forget to purchase those extra cards to have a better chance to win. The Grand Draw Prize is won by ticket draw after the ride. You get more Grand Draw tickets the more fundraising you do and you get double the Grand Draw tickets if you bring your funds to the Pre- ide Party at Jack Astor’s Argentia on Thursday, August 18th starting at 8pm.
- Best Hand Prize – Garmin zumo 660LM Motorcycle GPS valued at $500 donated by Worlee International
- Grand Draw Prize – Apple iPad 16GB valued at $500
So what’s keeping you from registering online right now? http://ridersagainsthunger.org/register/
Save the Date
Date: Saturday, August 20th, 2016
Name of Ride: Riders Against Hunger
Times: Registration starts at 8:00. Kick Stands Up at 9:30
Location: Start venue is the South Common Mall (Erin Mills Parkway & The Collegeway) in Mississauga
Registration: $35 for basic registration, $50 includes ride t-shirt and draw ticket. Ride for FREE by collecting a minimum of $35 in donations. Raise additional funds for incentive gifts and prizes. Register on-line at www.ridersagainsthunger.org.
Ride Description: Breakfast provided during registration. Lunch provided after the ride. It is a poker run style ride in support of Eden Food for Change in western Mississauga providing food and skills training to hungry families. It is a signed 3-4 hour scenic route with designated ride stops. Prizes handed out at the end for best hand, grand draw and for the top three fundraisers. For more information…
Contact Name: Bill Crawford
Phone: 905-785-3651 x222
We have postcards available to hand out at your event or place of business.